Rules of the Dojang
"Dojang" is the Korean word for the gym where taekwondo students train. To keep training fun and productive, every dojang has rules that they ask students to follow.
- Be respectful of all instructors and Black Belts, addressing them as “sir” or “ma’am and follow their instructions as well as you can.
- Come to attention and bow before entering and leaving the training area, and before addressing instructors and senior belts.
- Be on time for classes
- Once class begins, do not leave the training area without permission from the instructor.
- Refrain from unnecessary conversation, comments or horseplay during class and especially when the instructor is speaking.
- Be respectful of others in your behavior and verbal communication.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to keep the dojang neat and clean.
- In order to prevent injuries: do not wear jewellery, do not chew gum, keep fingernails and toenails trimmed and smooth.
- Shoes and socks are not to be worn in the training area.